댓글 0건 조회 148회 작성일 21-03-19 11:24
MIDAS & IDEA StatiCa – The powerful BIM integration
Using two powerful tools will make you an efficient engineering expert
- Why midas for the global model and analysis?
Midas Civil/Gen is a state-of-the-art engineering software that sets a new standard for the design of bridges and civil structures. It features a distinctively user-friendly interface and optimal design solution functions that can account for construction stages and time-dependent properties. Its highly developed modeling and analysis functions enable engineers to overcome common challenges and inefficiencies of finite element analysis.
- Why IDEA StatiCa for the code-checks?
IDEA StatiCa Concrete provides economic and safe code-checks of common, as well as complex, non-standard reinforced, prestressed concrete cross-sections. And IDEA StatiCa Steel can design all types of welded or bolted connections according to various codes of practice.
Types of structures modeled and analyzed in midas Civil/Gen and easily code-checked in IDEA StatiCa
- Integral bridge made of reinforced or prestressed concrete
- Prestressed girder bridges (Tee, double Tee, I-girders, multicell box-girders)
- Composite bridge of type concrete-concrete
- Bridges build-up by complex construction stage methods, such as free cantilever method (FCM), incremental launching method (ILM), movable scaffolding system (MSS), and others
- Steel bridges
- Multi-story buildings, Skyscrapers, Power plants, etc.
midas Civil/Gen to IDEA StatiCa workflow
Good news everyone, midas Civil/Gen are linked to IDEA StatiCa for all over the world!
Follow these simple steps to set up the BIM link correctly:
- Activate the BIM link in midas Civil/Gen
- Create a model of the bridge, industrial structure, or building
- Subject the structure to load actions, dead load, prestress, temperature load, moving load, etc.
- Generate the construction stages if needed
- Run the analysis in midas, get the internal forces
- Export to IDEA StatiCa
- Set the design parameters like code, reinforcement, manufacturing operations, and check it there!
For Concrete design:
- Code-check any concrete cross-section, reinforced, pre-or post-tensioned, even composite with a cast-in-situ slab. Assess bridge load rating (BLR).
For Steel design:
- Code-check any topology of steel connection
Check out the short videos below showing the principle of the BIM link between midas Civil/Gen and IDEA StatiCa:
Create your project in midas Civil/Gen and export to IDEA file according to these tutorials:
Many structural engineers use midas Civil to IDEA StatiCa workflow in their everyday practice. For example, let's take a look at an interesting case study of a Prestressed concrete roof in Zbysov, Czech Republic.
등록된 댓글이 없습니다.